Seat time: 45 minutes
Don’t just squash plates together when clearing and avoid spilling sauces when serving customers! Learn professional techniques by watching videos and completing activities and having lots of practice yourself using step by step photos in resources.
Operational front of house staff in hotels and restaurants to develop their knowledge and skills in key aspects of food service. This module is a separate module from the Food Service course and can be used according to training needs. Modules are ideal for new staff into the industry to support on job training in house or can be used by individuals wishing to gain some knowledge of food service in order to apply for a job. If you have problems organising training for your casual teams, this is an ideal approach. Select key modules and design your own training programme.
- Demonstrate how to hold 2 and 3 plates for service
- Identify how to hold plates using a service cloth
- State how to place plates in front of customers
- Demonstrate how to clear plates when customers have finished
- State how to remove waste food hygienically
- Identify hygiene and health and safety standards
This course is CPD Certified and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality