This module aims to raise awareness of abuse, help people to recognise the signs of abuse and apply the correct reporting procedures. It also advises learners how they can help to prevent abuse wherever possible, creating a positive environment for children and vulnerable adults, with the understanding that looking out for their welfare is everyone's responsibility.
- Describe the types of abuse which occur
- Know how to intervene to protect all vulnerable adults/children who are potentially or actually at risk
- Understand procedures and guidelines for disclosure
- Understand why we need risk assessment
- Recognise potential or actual abusive situations
- Understand the background legislation and guidance