This module aims to raise awareness of abuse and help people to recognise the signs of abuse and apply the correct reporting procedures. It also advises learner how they can work to prevent abuse wherever possible and create a positive environment for vulnerable adults, understanding that looking out for their welfare is everyone's responsibility.
- Understand the types of abuse which occur
- Know how to intervene to protect all vulnerable adults who are potentially or actually at risk
- Understand procedures and guidelines for disclosure
- Understand why we need risk assessment
- Recognise potential or actual abusive situations
- Understand the background legislation and guidance