This module provides an introduction to the subject of health and safety risk assessment, providing employees in any sector with a good knowledge of health and safety issues and how to be proactive about risk assessment in order to prevent accidents and work-related ill-health.
- Define the meaning of the terms hazard, risk and risk assessment
- Describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Identify hazards and those who may be harmed
- Describe the processes for the evaluation and control of risks
- Describe the systems used to record, review and revise risk assessments