This module provides the basic training required for all bar staff to ensure they understand licensing laws and their own legal responsibilities regarding the serving of alcohol to the public. It will enable trainees to act within the law and to support the designated premises supervisor to retail alcohol responsibly on their licensed premises.
- Understand licensing laws in UK, Scotland and Ireland
- Describe alcohol and its effects
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a professional bar person
- Explain how to prevent trouble and handle difficult customers
- Understand how to deal with incidents