To raise mental health literacy in all sectors of the community, in order to dispel the stigma and discrimination that exists through lack of understanding, and empower people to offer support.
- Define mental health
- Identify and explain mental health facts and fiction
- Understand key legislation relating to mental health
- Explain how mental health care has evolved over time
- Identify common signs and symptoms
- Understand common mental health disorders
- Recognise common attitudes towards mental ill-health and the impacts these can have
- Explain the concept of parity of esteem
- Know how to support people and offer advice
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
The course is 6 hours long for a group of maximum 12 delegates
With over 100 trainers across the country we can offer full flexibility with training dates. Simply request your required date and start time at checkout.
Once the course has been purchased you will receive an automated confirmation email. Shortly after, a detailed confirmation will be sent from our Head Office, along with a copy of our COVID-19 Secure Pledge and Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions - Click here