To ensure that healthcare support workers and adult social care workers recognise the principles of safe moving and assisting and the safe use of equipment such as hoists.
- Understand the legislation surrounding moving and assisting
- Understand common injuries caused by moving and assisting and how to avoid them
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and ergonomics
- Be able to explain controversial techniques
- Know how to deal with falling / fallen clients Understand the importance of effective communication and team positioning
- Be confident in moving and assisting techniques including lateral transfers and hoist techniques
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
The course is 6 hours long for a group of maximum 12 delegates
F/502/7587, links to HSC 2028, outcome 1, 2, 3.6, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6, MH203 outcome 1, 2,3, 4.1, 4.5, 4.6, 5.2, 5.3, 6.4, 6.6, 6.7, 7.
With over 100 trainers across the country we can offer full flexibility with training dates. Simply request your required date and start time at checkout.
Once the course has been purchased you will receive an automated confirmation email. Shortly after, a detailed confirmation will be sent from our Head Office, along with a copy of our COVID-19 Secure Pledge and Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions - Click here