This one-day course trains Health and Social Care staff to recognise unique needs and make adjustments for those affected by Learning Disabilities or Autism spectrum Disorder. This training covers the mandatory topics required by the CQC.
The course is split into two halves, focusing on Learning Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder individually.
- Explain what is meant by the term learning disability
- Identify different levels of learning disabilities
- Explain different communication strategies used by people with learning disabilities
- Identify how work practices need to be adjusted in order to meet the needs of people with learning disabilities
- To explain Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- To explain how ASD affect the way a person communicates and relates to people around them
- To explain the behaviours exhibited by some people with ASD
- To explain methods of supporting a person with ASD
The course is 6 hours long for a group of maximum 12 delegates
With over 100 trainers across the country we can offer full flexibility with training dates. Simply request your required date and start time at checkout. This course is also available as a webinar.
Once the course has been purchased you will receive an automated confirmation email. Shortly after, a detailed confirmation will be sent from our Head Office, along with a copy of our Terms & Conditions