Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of food safety and food hygiene
- Understand food safety hazards and good hygiene
- Understand the importance of temperatures and storage
- Explain good hydration and nutrition including digestion
- Understand what constitutes a balanced diet
- Know the effects of poor nutrition
- Explain how to promote good and sufficient nutrition and hydration and the importance of the environment in healthy eating
- To explore how dignity can be maintained while promoting nutrition and healthy eating
Certification: Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
Duration: 3 hours
Capacity: Classroom training is available for up to 12 delegates
Availability: With over 100 trainers across the country we can offer full flexibility with training dates. Simply request your required date and start time at checkout.
Once the course has been purchased you will receive an automated confirmation email. Shortly after, a detailed confirmation will be sent from our Head Office.
Click here to read our terms and conditions