This training module enables those who work with client's personal information to understand best practice guidelines and the principles of the law surrounding information governance, particularly with regards to the Data Protection Act 1998. It ensures that those working in the NHS, health and social care organisations and other industries understand their responsibilities for protecting personal information.
- Define confidentiality, data protection, freedom of information and subject access requests
- Identify good and poor practice within information governance, including confidentiality and the Caldicott principles, data protection, freedom of information rights and subject access requests
- Assess and evaluate your own practices in relation to confidentiality and data protection
- Understand the principles and importance of good record keeping, keeping records secure and following correct retention and disposal guidelines
- Understand the consequences of poor record keeping
- Understand your own organisation's policies and procedures and identify where you can find local information