This course was developed alongside senior key staff from within the NHS to help individuals understand the basic principles and measures for effective infection control in the healthcare environment.
- Understand the principles of infection control
- Describe what MRSA
- Understand the importance of correct hand washing procedures
- Explain the use of isolation for infection control
- Understand how to handle needles and sharps safely with regards to infection control
- Know the importance of good hygiene and effective cleaning