This course will help all employees who use electrically powered equipment and tools at work to understand how to work safely around electricity and avoid electric shocks and fires.
- Explains the terms "electrical current, electromotive force and electrical power."
- Understand the dangers of electricity
- Describe the risks people take when using electricity at work
- Describe the safe use of electrical equipment
- Explain the methods used to control electricity and reduce the risk to users
- Understand the effects of an electric shock to the body, and describe some basic first aid principles.