To ensure that people who work in buildings where asbestos containing materials may be present are aware of the properties of asbestos, where it has been used in buildings and when it may present a risk.
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) can be typically found
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating boards, asbestos cement and other ACMs
- Understand the risks of fibre release from ACMs
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work
- Know the procedures to follow if any unintentional contact is made with ACMs and have knowledge of appropriate emergency procedures
- Outline the legislation relating to asbestos