Seat time: 32 hours
About the course:
PRINCE2® provides best practice guidance that gives individuals and organizations the essentials of running a project. PRINCE2 is easy to learn and a flexible method that can adapt to all types of project. Because PRINCE2 is generic and based on proven principles, organizations adopting the method can substantially improve their organizational capability and maturity across various areas such as business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research and product development. The best practice is supported by the PRINCE2® certification scheme which provides a two tier Foundation and Practitioner level qualification.
AgilePM® Passport is an accredited eLearning package eLearning package for AgilePM® Project Management. It covers the syllabus and competencies for both Foundation as well as Practitioner level study and qualification. This package however covers the Foundation level.
Everyone needing a controlled approach to managing projects. Suitable for project managers, team managers, project support and assurance staff, and managers from any discipline. It is particularly aimed at people who are responsible for managing projects. This course is also suitable for preparing for the Re-Registration exam.
- Provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of different self-study options, including a blended-learning package combining self-study with a classroom based revision day
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
- People using PRINCE2® Passport achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- PRINCE2® Passport is achieving higher pass rates in the Practitioner exam compared to classroom training
- Online learning gives you the freedom to access from any location
- 12 modules with associated interactive and video presented lessons
- Notes to support each lesson
- Module level exam simulation directly aligned to the PRINCE2® syllabus
- Online support, forums, chat and progress reports
- PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exam simulations
- Interactive exercises to consolidate the learning
- Extensive Exam Approaches module to support the “Objective Testing” Practitioner exam
1) Getting Started - What is a project? Projects vs Programmes; What is Project Management? Why PRINCE2®? Reasons why Projects Fail; Addressing Project Failure.
2) Introduction to PRINCE2® - PRINCE2 Structure; The 7 Principles, Themes and Processes; Processes and Themes Integration; Process Model; Tailoring PRINCE2®.
3) Processes (SU and IP) - Starting Up a Project (SU) Activities and Management Products including the Daily Log, Lessons Log, Project Brief, Project Product Description and Outline Business Case. Initiating a Project (IP) Activities and Management Products including the Management Strategies, Business Case, Product Descriptions, Risk, Issue and Quality Registers and the PID.
4) Processes (CS and MP) - Controlling a Stage (CS) Activities and Management Products including the Issue Report, Checkpoint Report, Plans, Product Descriptions, Configuration Item Record, Product Status Account, Lessons Log, Highlight Report and Work Packages. Managing Product Delivery (MP) Activities and Management Products including the Work Package, Checkpoint Reports, Quality Register and Team Plan.
5) Processes (DP, SB and CP) - The objectives and context of the Directing a Project (DP) process; How the DP process supports the seven PRINCE2 principles; The responsibilities within the activities of the DP process; The activities within the DP process including End Stage Assessments and Exception Assessments. Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) Activities and Management Products including Stage Plan, End Stage Report, Exception Plan, Product Status Account, Lessons Report. Closing a Project (CP) Activities and Management Products including End Project Report, Lessons Report, Benefits Review Plan.
6) Organization Theme - Organisation Structure, Roles and Responsibilities for Project Board, Project Assurance, Change Authority, Project Manager, Team Manager, Project Support
7) Business Case Theme - Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits; Types of Business Case; Benefits Review Plan; Links with the processes. Tailoring.
8) Risk Theme - Risk Management Strategy; Risk Register, Appetite and Tolerances; Risk Responses; Risk Management; Risk Budget. Links with the processes. Tailoring.
9) Plans Theme - Project, Stage and Team Plans; Product Based Planning; Estimating; Scheduling; Links with the processes. Tailoring.
10) Quality Theme - Customer Quality Expectations and Acceptance Criteria, Quality Management Strategy; Quality Audit Trail; Project Assurance vs Quality Assurance; Quality Control, Links with the processes. Tailoring.
11) Change Theme - Issue and Change Control Procedure; Types of Issues; Change Budget; Change Authority; Configuration Management Strategy. Tailoring.
12) Progress Theme - Tolerances and Delegating Authority; Management Stages; Project Controls; Event-based and Time-based controls; Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Escalating Issues and Exceptions; Tailoring.
13) Examination Approaches - Hints and tips on exam approach; Style of questions; Full Foundation and Practitioner exam simulation with references to the PRINCE2 Manual and interactive adaptive reasoning feedback.
How do I book my exams?
The exams must be pre-booked (within the subscription period of your course), and are delivered online via your PC using a remote proctoring system. To book your exam, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: Your name, company, username (used to access the course), name of the course/exam and your date of enrolment onto the course. It is recommended that you complete your eLearning before booking your exam.