To ensure healthcare support workers and adult social care workers recognise the principles of moving and assisting people safely and the importance of risk assessment prior to any moving and assisting task.
- Have an understanding of legislation relating to moving and assisting
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Assess moving and assisting operations, reducing the risk where reasonably practicable
- Understand the principles of safer moving and assisting of people, including the use of equipment
- Understand the importance of maintaining dignity for the person receiving assistance
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
The course is 3 hours long for a group of maximum 12 delegates
HSC 2028, outcome 1, 2, 3.6, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6, MH203 outcome 1, 2, 3, 4.1, 4.5, 4.7, 6.4, 6.6, 6.7. Links to NMTS Standard 8.3
With over 100 trainers across the country we can offer full flexibility with training dates. Simply request your required date and start time at checkout.
Once the course has been purchased you will receive an automated confirmation email. Shortly after, a detailed confirmation will be sent from our Head Office, along with a copy of our COVID-19 Secure Pledge and Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions - Click here