This distance learning manual will provide people working in any industry sector with essential information to provide a basic awareness and understanding of mental health, and to enable them to identify someone who may be experiencing a mental health problem, and provide much-needed help and support.
After completing the manual, you will be able to:
- Define what we mean by 'mental health'
- Identify and explain mental health facts and fiction
- Understand common mental health disorders, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia and self-harm
- Identify common signs and symptoms of a mental health disorder
- Recognise common attitudes towards mental ill-health and the impacts these can have
- Explain the concept of parity of esteem
- Support people with a mental health issue and offer advice
Want your distance learning books to be custom branded? Just email us a copy of your logo and we will create a cover in your own brand colours.
Please allow up to 20 working days for delivery on all orders of more than 5 books.